The benefits of Maca… A super food!
Hi Girls, first to start have you heard of “Maca” this nutritious treasure? Uh… Hey, right?
No worries! Let’s take a closer look at “the benefits of this super food!”
First of all, a few months ago, I had a little kick pump with several words:
- Stress ect…
In short my roommate, Salem who is an addict of bio Ayurvedic treatments, besides I often tell him that he should change professions to finish naturopath so much it is a source of knowledge and efficiency, my made to do a cure of Maca!
Then I continue to do cures regularly when I feel the need.
First, Maca, what is its origin?
Maca has been cultivated since a very remote time in the central Andes of Peru, at an altitude above 4000 metres above sea level. Peruvians use this plant as a food source: prepare biscuits, cakes, crisps, and drinks with.
Archaeological excavations have in fact discovered that it was already cultivated 1 600 BCE, that is, long before the Incas!
This tuber is also called “Peruvian ginseng” or “Peruvian Viagra” (AHHHH la de suite it speaks to you!!! haha). This plant would therefore stimulate libido, and would also help to combat male sterility by improving the quality of sperm!
Since this super food is democratizing throughout America as well as in Europe. Many therapeutic qualities are available: stimulating natural defenses and toning the organism. This plant is composed of 10 to 15% protein (well for vegans!), 16 essential minerals (Potassium, calcium, phosphorus, sulfur, as well as some iron, manganese, selenium, copper, zinc and magnesium) and to conclude 7 vitamins: B1, B2, B12, C, D3, E, P.
I’m not talking about the 19 amino acids, the tannins and the alkaloid I might fall asleep!
Its properties and benefits in detail:
- Stimulating Action on the whole body.
- Strengthens the natural defenses.
- Helps to withstand harsh external conditions. (Good for sportsmen, as well as seasonal changes, perfect for travelers!)
- It acts on the production of sex hormones
- Relieves symptoms related to menopause (hot flashes, fatigue, headache…).
- Boost sexual activity: helps to activate the erection. (I see you already smiling… !)
- It would also be valuable to help with fertility.
- Helps the nervous system to fight stress.
- Strengthens bones and muscles.
- Gives energy and plays a decisive role in the well being in general.
- Relieves symptoms of menstrual syndrome (Ca is cool, personal… I galley and it helps me thoroughly)
For all these reasons, you will have understood the richness of this root.
What dose and where to buy this food treasure:
As usual, all the powders you find in the trade are not worth. First of all, the problem of democratization of this kind of plants, grows certain cultivator, as well as brands indeed, to sell you products certainly cheaper, but also poor in quality and unreliable. (sub-metered in essential matter to take advantage of all profit)
I did some research as well, I put you the link of the one I order regularly, I prefer the gellules but I give you some different alternatives in the links below “Shop Maca”.
To date there are no contraindications and side effects known. However does not use in high doses Maca powder.
- A dose of 300 to 500 milligrams 3 to 3 times per day (1g, 1, 5g per day)
- The composition of the product must be concentrated at 0.6% of Macamides and Macaenes
- A 3-week cure, spaced for a break.
Voice Some recipes I have tested to incorporate the Maca powder on a daily basis here.
Here you know everything, personally I make cures regularly integrates it with my yogurts, self in gellules and I see the effects on the length! What do we say?….. Thank you Salem you’re the best!
To conclude on these good green intentions, I leave you and will feed the cat. Besides, it is in the process of popping the whole couch to remind me that the time is the time!
Maybe I should find a quick fix for this too…. 😉
Kiss, Love…. Cheers Gailhac.