Hello everyone, so right now to prepare for the change of season, I have a little morning ritual the powder of Camu Camu!
The highest concentration of natural vitamin C.
Camu-Camu is a fruit with the highest vitamin C content in the world, up to 60 times more vitamin C per serving than orange and 37 times more than the kiwi. The Camu Camu also crushes the Acerola; Competitor, yet known for its vitamin C content.
It is one of those super fruits that we love to discover, for their benefits, for their nutritional taste and quality.
So what Camu Camu what exactly and where does it come from?!
Native to the Amazon side of Peru, it is found mainly along the Ucayali rivers, the Amazon and its tributaries. It grows in the swampy and flood areas of the Amazon basin.
In traditional medicine, it is used as an anti-inflammatory and even in a kitchen (substitute for lemon). This super-fruit, however, remained in the shadows for a long time, the inhabitants of the Amazon ignoring whether or not it was edible.
The properties of Camu Camu and its benefits:
The Camu Camu is rich in flavonoids and pectins, both excellent for the organism. It is rich in nutrients and phytonutrients as well as vitamin C (excellent for bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments). Camu Camu is the fruit containing the largest concentration of vitamin C in nature.
It is also a powerful tonic and stimulant, it strengthens the natural defenses and the immune system while avoiding fatigue. It is a potent natural antioxidant, known to be an excellent anti-aging agent and fighting free radicals. Finally, one can also cite its high protein content.
Here is the list of all its benefits:
- Anti-Age: retards The aging process, reduces wrinkles and fine lines as well as retaining the elasticity and tone of the skin!
- Scarring: In case of Burns and participate in the repair of the dermis and epidermis.
- Improves mood: helps your brain produce more serotonin. This is also why this fruit can be a cure for depression
- Stimulates natural defenses and strengthens the immune system: Its vitamin C content makes it the ideal ally in the event of fatigue, viral infection, stress, overwork and even in the event of cold and winter!
- Vision: Slowed the progression of age-related macular degeneration (as well as loss of visual acuity
- Anti-Inflammatory: the antioxidants present in the Camu Camu bio allow to fight inflammation.
- Improves cardiac function: beneficial in regulating heart rhythm, it has been demonstrated by several studies that taking this super-food reduces the risk of heart rhythm disorders as well as tachycardia. Indeed, the Camu Camu is rich in potassium, which is indispensable to prevent heart disorders.
- Stimulates memory: Antioxidants help reduce the likelihood of memory loss related to age, improve memory and learning.
- Anorexia: Combined with spirulina, it is often used to help people suffering from anorexia.
Dosage and how much per day?
In capsule or tablet. It is recommended to take 2 capsules per day (1 in the morning and 1 at midday) with a glass of water.
If you decide to choose the powder of Camu Camu like me:
- To prevent fatigue or oxidation of the cells. ½ coffee spoon in the morning and midday or directly a teaspoon in the morning at breakfast. Dilute the powder in a large glass of water or juice, or incorporate it into your usual food preparations.
- In preventive use, it is recommended to do cures of 3 weeks.
- Instant beauty: Camu Camu powder is also used in a completely different field. Indeed it is possible to make masks for the face in order to revive the sparkle my recipes here.
There is no known side effect.
In addition, high-dose vitamin C supplementation (greater than 2000 mg/day) is not recommended in pregnant women, or in people with kidney problems, diabetes, hemochromatosis coming out of intestinal surgery. High doses of vitamin C can cause soft stools, diarrhea and gastrointestinal disorders. A temporary cessation of supplementation or a decrease in dosage usually remedies these side effects.
If in doubt ask your doctor for advice.
Where to buy and how to choose your Camu Camu?
As I repeat quite often prefer a powder of Camu Camu 100% pure and organic, preferably organic and without additive with a natural preservative.
Pay attention to the labels and pay special attention to the provenance of your Camu Camu. It must come from the Amazon where the crops are still non-intensive or wild.
Below is a list of products that I myself have selected for their efficiency as well as ideas recipes here.
Here you know all about this little miracle fruit that is the Camu Camu. You are ready to boost and prepare your body to face the winter in the best physical conditions!
In the meantime I tell you to soon for new discoveries, cheers…. Gailhac!